Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Too much excitement

I haven't posted in a few days because I've been in Monterey, California, at a conference, Stanford Publishing on the Web for Professionals. It's designed for people from publications backgrounds who want to take their publications' Web sites to the next level. Lots of great ideas here.

I'm a little overwhelmed but totally jazzed at the same time. I've met a lot of people from other publications including a the director of digital from American Media, publishers of National Enquirer and Star, among others. What they're doing is extremely interesting, especially with building content delivery systems for mobile devices. And Scott Karp, well known blogger for Publishing 2.0, who very generously offered some advice for me in building out this blog.

There's lots to consider. I'm excited by all the connections I'm making by publishing this blog, but what's more exciting are all the connections others are making by reading this blog. There aren't many of you, but I have strategies (thanks to Scott's advice) for building that audience.

In fact, there are so many possibilities with online technologies these days that it's making me really reconsider GoodCause's mission. Or rather, its format and whether that fits its mission best.

Then again, there's no reason we can't have both. Print and Web site. Oh wait....

Money. Yes, still need that money.

Lots more to come from this blog, as soon as I get back to Austin.

No comments: